Whether you’re a “snowbird” traveling to visit your winter home in Pensacola, you’re moving to the area, or you’ve just purchased a motorcycle elsewhere in the US and need to have it delivered to you, you may be wondering how you can have your motorcycle shipped to Pensacola.
What’s involved in the motorcycle shipping process? What can you expect, how much will you pay, and how does it work? Let’s discuss everything you need to know about shipping a motorcycle to Pensacola now.
What’s The Best Option For Shipping A Motorcycle To Pensacola?
Unless you have your own truck and motorcycle trailer and are willing to drive to Pensacola yourself, “the best option for shipping a motorcycle to Pensacola is usually to hire a specialized motorcycle shipping company” says cheapmotorcycleshipping.com.
Motorcycle shipping companies use specialized enclosed trailers that are built to hold motorcycles in place safely and keep them from moving and shifting. Using tie downs, straps, and other such equipment, your bike will be kept safe throughout the entire shipment process.
Depending on the company, your motorcycle may be shipped on its own, or it may be grouped together with other bikes that are going to a nearby destination. For example, your motorcycle shipper may pick up your bike in Massachusetts and deliver it to you in Pensacola, but along the way, it may drop off two motorcycles in Atlanta, GA.
Overall, hiring a specialized motorcycle shipping company is definitely the fastest and most convenient option for shipping a motorcycle to Pensacola – no matter where your bike is located in the United States, you can have it sent to your home in Pensacola in just a few days.
How Does The Motorcycle Shipping Process Work?
While every motorcycle shipper is a bit different, the overall process you can expect is quite similar. Here’s what you can expect if you want to ship a motorcycle to Pensacola.
- Find a reputable motorcycle shipper – First, you’ll want to do a bit of research to find motorcycle shippers that have a reputation for good service, on-time deliveries, and reasonable shipping quotes. It may be a good idea to look at several different companies to make sure you choose the right one.
- Get a quote and delivery estimate – Next, you’ll contact your motorcycle shipper with some information about your bike and your shipping job, such as the make and model, departure destination, arrival destination, and desired shipping date. You’ll get a customized delivery and cost estimate based on this information.
- Sign your contract and have your bike picked up – If you like what you hear from the motorcycle shipper, you can immediately sign your contract. At the agreed-upon date, the motorcycle shipper will arrive at your home or the location where your motorcycle is being stored to pick it up, and you’ll turn it over to the driver and they’ll load it into the truck or trailer.
- Track your motorcycle during transit – Most reputable motorcycle shippers allow you to track your shipment as it’s traveling toward your destination. This is a good way to make sure your motorcycle is still on time, and get peace of mind throughout the process.
- Your motorcycle is dropped off at your door – On the agreed-upon date, your motorcycle will arrive at your home or another specified destination in Pensacola. You’ll accept the bike, check it to make sure it’s in good shape, and then sign for it, confirming its delivery.
Depending on the motorcycle shipping company you choose, the origin point of the bike, and whether or not you pay for rush shipping, it could take between 1-4 weeks to ship your bike. Your shipping partner will be able to provide you with an accurate estimate.
How Much Does It Cost To Ship A Motorcycle To Pensacola?
The cost of shipping your motorcycle to Pensacola will depend on a variety of different factors. Among others, these include:
- Make & model – The size and weight of your motorcycle have a significant impact on the total cost of shipping your bike to Pensacola. For example, a dirt bike or sport bike that weighs 200-300 pounds will cost less to ship compared to a Harley-Davidson cruiser that weighs in at 600 or 700 pounds, in most cases.
- Total shipment distance – Typically, motorcycle shipping is charged based on a per-mile rate. The further your motorcycle is being shipped, the more you’ll pay. For example, shipping a bike from California will cost more than shipping one from Tennessee.
- Timeframe for shipment – In general, the more flexible your shipping time frame is, the less you’ll pay to ship your motorcycle to Pensacola. However, if you need your motorcycle to be delivered on a particular date or want express shipping for a faster arrival time, you’ll pay more for your shipping job.
- Additional insurance – While your motorcycle shipping company will cover the cost of basic liability insurance, you may want to add more insurance to your bike if it’s very valuable. For example, you may want to pay for additional insurance if you are shipping a vintage or classic bike.
Choose A Reputable Motorcycle Shipping Company For Great Service, Peace Of Mind
Shipping your motorcycle can be a stressful process, but if you work with a reputable and well-known motorcycle shipping company, you can get peace of mind as you ship your motorcycle to Pensacola, Florida.
Make sure to do your research and choose a reputable motorcycle shipping company for your job. If you do, the process of shipping your bike to Pensacola will be quick, simple, and easy. Consider your options carefully and you’re sure to make the right choice.