The judge said Monday that the case of sexual assault on actor Kevin Spacey could be dismissed after a young man who accused Mr. Spacey of caressing him, recalled the fifth amendment during interrogation on the lost phone.
The man was asked to testify Monday on messages sent and received on the night of July 2016, which met Mr. Spacey in a restaurant in Nantucket. Spacey’s attorney states that the young man had canceled text messages that could support Spacey’s claim that what happened that night was a voluntary flirtation.
After lawyer Alan Jackson told a man that he could be charged with a crime for excluding evidence, he referred to his constitutional right to protection from self-creation.
A young man who accused Kevin Spacey of having sexually assaulted him at a restaurant in Nantucket, Massachusetts, in 2016. He left the case against the actor only six days after his appearance.
The case was withdrawn “at a loss”
Meaning it will not be restored, but the message presented by the male lawyer at the Nantucket Supreme Court did not say whether an agreement was reached. Mr. Spacey is also facing charges of indecent assault and battery related to the same charge. A spokeswoman for the chief prosecutor’s office and the island, which is haunting Mr. Spacey, said on Friday the criminal case “will go ahead.”
The prosecutor, who was 18 at the time of the alleged assault, said Spacey stroked his genitals for about three minutes after trying to drink. Spacey, 59, pleaded not guilty, and his lawyer, Alan Jackson, said the prosecutor had accepted Mr. Spacey’s “supposed progress” because he wanted a “story” to tell.
The lawyer’s lawyer, Mitchell Garabedian, declined to comment on Friday.
Mr. Jackson did not respond to comments for comments.
The prosecutor, now 21, told police he worked as a waiter at the Club Car restaurant when he started drinking with Mr. Spacey one night in July 2016. After the two had some drinks, he said that Mr. Spacey put his hand on his thigh, unbuttoned his pants and massaged his penis for about three minutes, according to court documents. The young man said that Mr. Spacey tried to take him home, but he escaped from the bar after telling the woman that, according to him, Spacey tried to rape him, a police report follows.
Spacey’s lawyer tried to buy a smartphone that the young man wore that night, which according to the defense could contain messages in support of Spacey’s innocence. Last month, the prosecutor’s lawyer said the phone was lost. The judge said the prosecutor should present the phone on Monday or appear in court with his parents to explain where he might be.
The boy’s mother, Heather Unruh, was a woman from Boston, she said at a press conference in autumn 2017 that she was accused of Mr. Sexual Age Space. The accusation was made public soon after the sexual accusation against Harvey Weinstein when #MeToo In Initiative. At that time, actor Anthony Rapp said he had a sexual space in 1986, when Rapp was 14 years old. Mr. Spacey was not nominated in this case, but as an accusation against the growth of his acting career.